(1915 – 1973)
Lettie Lee Wynn Wilson was born in Columbus, Georgia, on May 1, 1915, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Wynn. She was educated in the Columbus public schools. Mrs. Wilson died on April 4, 1973, while working on EFNEP visits in Russell County.
She was a graduate of Detroit Bible College, Detroit, Michigan. She worked in public nursing with the Detroit Visiting Nurses Association, Detroit, Michigan, from 1955 to 1960 and with Groose Point Nursing Home of Groose Point, Michigan, in physical therapy, from 1964 to 1967.
Mrs. Wilson was employed as one of the first Program Assistants with the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program in Russell County on February 9, 1971. She worked in the Dixie and Crawford communities. A real friend to her homemakers, she was the highlight of their day when she visited and taught them nutrition education and how to improve their quality of life.
She was an active member of the Shiloh Baptist Church in the Dixie Community and was director of the Girls Organization (GA’s) of that community. The organ at Shiloh Baptist Church was dedicated in her memory by her husband. She was married to the now late Roy R. Wilson for 36 years.
In tribute to her life of service, the name Lettie L. Wilson is inscribed on the dedicatory plaque of the Extension Memorial Chapel.
Chapel Plaque Inscription Number: 192