(1915 – 1952)
Malcolm L. Ferguson was born in Weogufka, Alabama, on August 23, 1915. After high school, he attended Auburn and earned his B.S. degree in 1937.
Wanting to put his education to work for the people of Alabama, Mr. Ferguson became an Extension employee soon after graduating from college. He served as Assistant County Agent in Cullman County from 1937 to 1940 and in Jackson County from 1940 to 1942. The next seven years, 1942 to 1949, found him working diligently as County Agent in Franklin County.
“In every way and everywhere his record was excellent with us. All who knew him appreciated him … loved him for his fine character and his constructive service.” His coworkers remember him as a very considerate person — one who would help others in any way possible.
The early death of Malcolm Ferguson was a big loss to Alabama Extension. It is in tribute to the work of this man that the name Malcolm L. Ferguson is inscribed on the dedicatory plaque of the Extension Memorial Chapel.
Chapel Plaque Inscription Number: 105