(1926 – 2012)
Myra Brown was born in Tennessee and graduated from Lawrence County High (TN) class of 1943. She moved to Gadsden and attended Gadsden Business College.
She started working for the Alabama Cooperative Extension System at the Etowah County Courthouse, where she remained a dedicated and loyal employee for more than 44 years.
Mrs. Brown was a proud lifetime member of East Gadsden United Methodist Church. Until her death, she served as chairman of the workshop committee. She was a member of the Berean Sunday School class and served on the administrative council. She was very active in the United Methodist Women’s organization until she became ill and served as the treasurer for the East Gadsden UMW for many years. Mrs. Brown took great pride in her church, was a loyal prayer warrior, and was dedicated to serving in any capacity she was needed with pride and dedication.
Myra Brown was caring, loyal, and a source of encouragement for her family, her friends, and her church. Epsilon Sigma Phi honors her 44 years of service by placing her name on the dedicatory plaque of the Extension Memorial Chapel.
Chapel Plaque Inscription Number: 578